Youth in foster care can receive a 95% discount on clothing and accessories at ReFresh. Foster/Adoptive/Kinship families can receive a 30% discount on items at ReFresh. See below for more information.
Discount Procedures - Youth in Foster Care - Foster/Adoptive/Kinship Families
Youth currently in State Custody (i.e. a child in foster care who is not adopted or in a guardianship placement):
- YOUTH MUST BE PRESENT TO RECEIVE DISCOUNT
- Each youth will receive a 95% discount on $100 worth (original value) ii of clothing, jewelry, and accessories during a 6-month period.
- Prior to the youth’s first visit, the youth must present a REFRESH Approval Formiii signed by the youth’s case manager. This approval form will allow the youth to shop at a 95% discount during a 6-month period up to a $100 limit (original value).
- In order for the discount (95% discount up to $100 limit, original value) to be reset for another 6-month period, the youth must provide an updated REFRESH Approval Form signed by the youth’s case manager. iv
- Each family will receive a 30% discount on clothing, jewelry, and accessories during a 6-month period.v
- To utilize the 30% discount, the family must show a current check stub from the Missouri Children’s Division, the Illinois Department of Children & Family Services, or private agency (to prove that the family is currently a foster/adoptive parent) at the time of EACH visit.
- The family’s discount (30% discount up to $100 limit, original value) will be automatically reset after the 6-month period, providing that the family continues to show a current check stub from the Missouri Children’s Division, the Illinois Department of Children & Family Services, or private agency at EACH visit.
ii To ensure that we have enough clothing for everyone, there is a limit on how much discounted clothing a foster youth may purchase during a 6-month period. The average clothing price at REFRESH is $10. Therefore, if a youth purchases 10 pieces of clothing at $10 each and receives a 95% discount, s/he would receive $100 worth of clothing for $5. (10 pieces of clothing x $10) x 95% = $5. After the youth reaches the limit, s/he is welcome to shop using his/her foster parent’s 30% discount. When the foster parent’s discount is exhausted, the youth may continue to shop at the original prices.
iii The REFRESH Approval Form is downloadable via this page, or via email at email@example.com, or by contacting the Foster & Adoptive Care Coalition at 800.FOSTER.3 (314.367.8373).
iv As long as the youth remains in foster care, s/he is eligible to receive the 95% discount (limit = $100 original value) during the next 6-month period, as long as the youth brings in a new [RE]FRESH Approval Form signed by the youth’s case manager. The 6-month periods are July 1st to December 31st and January 1st to June 30th. Example: If a youth presents his/her case manager-signed REFRESH Approval Form on October 15th, the youth has until December 31st to use the 95% discount up to the $100 limit (original price). To receive the 95% discount up to a $100 limit after January 1st, the youth must provide a new case manager signed REFRESH Approval Form.
v The average clothing price at REFRESH is $10. Therefore, if a family purchases 10 pieces of clothing at $10 each and receives a 30% discount, they would receive $100 worth of clothing for $70. (10 pieces of clothing x $10) x 70% = $70. Once the family’s discount is exhausted, they are welcome to continue shopping at the original prices (average price point at REFRESH is $10).